Thursday, March 20, 2014

20/31 Diving Double Play


x“And Jason you’re in left” I hear sadly, as I slowly pace across the field. “I’m going to warm you up” I heard a low voice with my back turned. I twisted around and caught a ball coming strait to my cheats. We kept throwing for about three minutes and we heard, “balls in, coming down” I threw the ball back to the dugout. I long inning passed the score was 8-7 us and there is only one out. I glanced at the gloomy sky and occasionally hit my fairly new glove. My eyes were darting between the pitcher and the runner on second. He hit the ball it was soaring through the sky, it looked like it was coming to me, but just short. I dove forward and I felt the ball drop in my glove. The player on second was midway on the base path and from my knees I threw the ball like a dart strait into the second baseman’s glove. It was the double play to win the game and send us to the semi-finals of the state tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment