Sunday, March 16, 2014

16/31 Costa Rica Pt 1

I feel something flying around in my stomach and surprisingly I’m scared. The guide hooks me up and I start. I can faintly hear everybody yelling “go Jason” and of course my sister says I’m doing bad and that I should lean back more. I lean back with all of the ice cold water on me and I’m slipping I lose traction on my shoes and slip forward, and the feeling of somebody punching my head startles me.  The freezing water pounds me as I keep trying to get up. I punch back and get up.
“Whooh.” I yell
And everybody can hear me so they yell back “you got this”
I heard this faintly, I rush down the rest of the run feeling freezing
“Ahhh done”, I tell pierce “that was hard.”

I feel like everybody else went by in like 5 minutes and they all felt the same as me that they were ready for the rest of the day. We take what feels like the longest hike ever (compared to the rappelling) we hike about 100 yards and we appear at the next super exciting waterfall.  There was a small over hang on this part so I feel the butterflies coming back to my stomach. 

3 comments:

  1. I've never done this, it sounds fun if kind of terrifying too. I like the last line, it kind of ties the whole thing together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job describing what is going on, and especially the parts about the butterflies in your stomach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job starting and ending with butterflies (like Sarah said). You describe the feelings so well. I wish I knew what activity you were doing at the waterfalls.

    ReplyDelete