Monday, March 17, 2014

17/31 Costa Rica Pt 2

I go after Pierce, Sarah, Reese, and Kelsey, but here it comes. I start the exhilarating ride, and just in a few seconds I hit the overhang. The waterfall sounds like 1000s of people screaming nonsense to me.
I scream back “yeahhhhh.”
I’m now right under the overhang and the 1000s of people finally stop screaming at me, but I keep going. Soon they come back, and I’m almost to the bottom, and then I’m there. The last two people to go are down right behind me.  Another hike
And the guide says “I think that the kids shouldn’t go on this, the waters are a bit high.”
And soon enough the butterflies were right there. I finally became last and this time the other people go really, really slow. All the kids went so I had to go or else I would get heckled about it for the rest of the day. So I courageously do it (or not so courageous) the water is pounding way harder this time, and 10,000 people are screaming at me now and the water is sweeping my legs off balance. I sweep forward a little, but I don’t fall. This feels so scary to me.  But 10,000 people turn into 100,000, people and finally I’m almost done. I’m there and proud that I did that, but all of the other kids were way too cocky.
And said “you did fine.”
Or “I did better than you.”

But I feel we all had the same amount of skill.

If you haven't read the first one go and read it, it connects to this one!

1 comment:

  1. Nice slice of life, I just read the first one and I thought it was great. I have never been rappelling before, but by your description it sounds pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete