Thursday, March 13, 2014

13/31 Jump Street


I start to jump and jump and jump, and I flip, first backflip of the day I want to learn a new trick today but what could it be, I see my friends doing various flips. I can already do all of those tricks. What could I do in the background I see someone doing a cartwheel into a backflip, I could try and do that, it looks pretty hard I will need to learn the steps first. #1 learn how to do a cartwheel, good I know how to do that. #2 learn how to do a backflip with momentum going backward, it took me a little while, I kept landing on my stomach, and it wasn’t the best feeling landing like that but after about ten times I got it. #3 I had to learn how to go from a cartwheel into a backflip, meaning that from the cartwheel I had to land with my feet shoulder width apart. This was so I could go straight into my backflip after the cartwheel.   I had to put those last to pieces together and then I have it. The first time I did the cartwheel and went sideways and landed on the padding to the side on my stomach but after a few times I got it and I could keep doing it without messing up.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds really fun. I have the opposite problem of not knowing very many tricks, but I don't go to Jumpstreet very often. I'm going more and more often now, but I've yet to actually complete a flip and not land on my back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try a back handspring. and what you are talking about is not a cartwheel, it is a roundoff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds awesome! I would love to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like you're very good Jason, and the Jump Street sounds great too. Glad to hear about it, & what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete