Saturday, March 1, 2014

1/31 Slice of Lift Eagle Wind

“Eagle wind is now open” I hear in a muffled voice coming out of the small walkie-talkie on the patrol mans chest.  My dad, my sister and I were ecstatic, the lift that had been closed for three days strait had now opened, it was untouched powder. The only issue was the catwalk; it took a little while to get to the lift be we could rush.  We had started our traverse to the catwalk but when we got there all we could see was a large blob of people, we had to get to the front some how, but I couldn’t find a way through. My dad found a high point a peaked over the crowd to find that the catwalk to get to the lift was roped off, a patrol man came behind us and told us we could go through. Everyone rushed towards the opening leading to the run, I was near the back but somehow caught up to the front it was amazing powder, and it wasn’t even the good part yet.

I jumped on the lift I looked down and a giant group of people were rushing down. The run was powder when I went down but now it was all gone. Up a little

was fresh powder, untouched, we were behind a few people but they thought that the trees would be better, which they weren’t. We were the first ones down the fresh untouched first tracks, each turn spraying snow to the side, it was like floating on skis. The people on the lift were giving hoots in jealousy and others just glared at us angry that it isn’t them. I would wrap around my dads tuning lines to make figure eights.

No comments:

Post a Comment