Tuesday, March 11, 2014

10/31 Baseball


The heat beams the back of my neck, as I wait in the realistic stadium, with the green walls towering over my head, and the fake fans in the crowd, wearing all types of clothing. The dirt crumbles under my feet, with the metal cleats. The fields looking as realistic as the real thing, I'm waiting for that one time that I could be on the real field with the crowds screaming and stomping excited for the next pitch. The ball is pitched and the ball is hit with a giant kink noise zooming on the ground right into my glove, I have a short toss to first base from hear. The next play is coming and I yell out the play and where to go. The next ball is hit and this one goes on a line above my head, I would expect that this was an easy play for the right fielder, but I guess not. The ball goes “through” his glove, I don’t know how he missed it but I sprint out and get the cut off for home because this kid is running his heart out and the throw from right field is off and the player that hit it had already ran around the base path.

1 comment: