Friday, January 17, 2014

Slice of Life January-17-2014

Skiing Over Break

I peak down the large drop to spot a new run has opened it was being flooded with people. I twisted my head towards the side of the run in the trees, I saw few people there I grinned and looked at my dad and told him we needed to ski that, I pointed my finger at the trees (Pine Cliffs for the people that know Mary Jane). My dad and I couldn't wait to get off the lift we looked over towards the entrance of the trees, no one was going in them. Right as we got off the lift we went full speed towards the run. I had a bumpy, rocky, and really sketchy traverse. We scratched up our skis a little bits from the rocks covered in a deep layer of snow.

We reached the spot that we were going to drop in on, untouched thick layers of snow were in front of me, my dad goes down first, his line was nice. I saw a better one, it included a jump, my favorite. I started down, the first few turns were amazing, I put my skis together and floated on the powder, each turn carving into deep snow. I spotted the jump twenty feet in front of me I made two more turns, the last one strait into the jump. I flung myself up and off the jump I starred at my landing spot, not taking my eyes off of it. I landed, a cloud of snow exploded behind me, the jump lead into two more turns, one more, I stopped quickly, next to my dad and sprayed him with snow.

My dad started again, this time I followed him, we turned around trees he started to speed up, I couldn't catch up he got out of my sight. I tried to speed up and I came out of the trees on the run right under the lift (Rifle Sight Notch for those who ski Mary Jane). I spotted my dad off to the right, i skied over towards him and he said "Jason you going need to start speeding up" right as he finished saying that I sped off.

No comments:

Post a Comment